Sony has offically announced their noise-cancelling headphones with the new WH-1000XM5.
With the new WH-1000XM5, Sony has improved upon the noise-cancelling from the XM4 with the use of two processors that control 8 mics.
The Integrated Processor V1, as featured in last year’s XM4 earbuds, it can help the HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1 enhance the noise cancelling.
The new 30mm audio driver unit in the XM5s uses carbon fiber composite material that improves high-frequency sensitivity. This in turn provides a more natural sound.
Battery life on the WH-1000XM5 is up to 30 hours with ANC on and 40 hours with ANC off.
The XM5s also bring a an all-new design that uses soft fit, synthetic leather and a stepless slider.
Some other features of the WH-1000XM5 include:
- Speak-to-Chat: “Users can stop for a quick conversation and their headphones will automatically stop the music and let in ambient sound. Once the chat is over, the music plays on. With the help of instant pause, their personal soundtrack will stop playing as soon as they take the headphones off. ”
- Adaptive Sound Control: “This automatically tailors sound to suit their specific situation, recognizing their most frequented locations and adjusting the ambient sound settings accordingly.”
- Precise Voice Pickup: “It uses four beamforming microphones and an AI-based noise reduction structure to isolate the user’s voice with perfect precision, while a newly developed wind noise reduction structure minimizes wind noise during calls. Now, a busy street or a noisy work environment can be the perfect place for a call with family, friends or colleagues”
- Fair Pair: The WH-1000XM5 also supports Google’s Fast Pair on Android
- Swift Pair: Like Google’s Fast Pair but by Microsoft and made for Windows 11 or Windows 10 laptops, desktop PCs or tablets
- 360 Reality Audio: “Users can enjoy music video with immersive 360 Reality Audio sound.”
- Google Assistant and Alexa compatible: “Users can connect with friends and family, get information, listen to music, set reminders and more, just by saying “Ok Google” or “Alexa” to activate their preferred voice assistant.”
- Multi-Pair: “Staying connected has never been easier, as the WH-1000XM5 headphones use multipoint connection with Bluetooth® technology, simplifying the pairing process with two devices at the same time. When receiving a call, these headphones know which device it’s coming from and instantly connects the consumer to the right one. Users can also quickly switch between devices with just the touch of a button.”