DJI has announced their newest drone with the Mini 3 Pro.
“When we launched the Mini drone series in 2019, our goal was to give everyone the easiest way to see the world from above for the first time,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director at DJI. “Through their images and stories, we discovered how capable a small aerial camera could be. Today, we share the integration of excellent flight capability, intelligence, and imaging versatility into our ultra-lightweight aerial camera. DJI Mini 3 Pro raises the bar on what a portable, powerful camera drone can achieve.”
The new Mini 3 Pro is just 249g, making it very portable and policy-friendly for countries that have drone restrictions.
Despite it’s small size, the Mini 3 Pro can shoot up to 4K 60fps video along with ActiveTrack, tri-directional obstacle sensing and a 90-degree gimbal rotation.
The sensor on the Mini 3 Pro is a 1/1.3-inch CMOS camera that offers dual native ISO, a f/1.7 aperture and can shoot 48MP stills.
Flight time on the Mini 3 Pro is up to 30 mins or 47 mins with the new Intelligent Flight Battery Plus and the O3 transmission system lets you control the drone from 12 KM away.
Some features and modes of the Mini 3 Pro include:
- FocusTrack Suite
- Spotlight 2.0 keeps the subject in frame while you fly manually.
- Point of Interest 3.0 circles the subject in a set flight radius and speed.
- ActiveTrack 4.0 follows the subject in two selectable ways:
- Trace: The aircraft tracks the subject at a constant distance
- Parallel: The aircraft tracks the subject while flying beside it at a constant
angle and distance
- Dronie: Aircraft flies back and up with the camera locked on the subject.
- Helix: Aircraft flies up and spirals around the subject.
- Rocket: Aircraft flies up with the camera facing down.
- Circle: Aircraft circles around the subject.
- Boomerang: Aircraft flies around the subject in an oval path, ascending as it flies away and descending as it returns.
- Asteroid: Aircraft creates a shot that begins as a sphere panorama high above
the subject and ends with a normal shot hovering near the subject.
- MasterShots: Keeps the subject in the center of the frame while executing different maneuvers in sequence to generate a short cinematic video.
- Hyperlapse: Creates a dynamic timelapse where the aircraft flies on set paths during
For better control, DJI will be offering a new RC controller that has a 5.5-inch touchscreen that runs all the functions of the DJI Fly app.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro launches today for $869 CAD ($669 USD) for just the drone. For $979 CAD ($759 USD), you’ll get the drone and RC-N1 controller (that uses your phone as the display).
For $1,179 CAD ($909 USD), you can get the Mini 3 Pro with the new RC controller.
The Fly Moore Kit for the Mini 3 Pro retails for $249 CAD ($189 USD) and comes with 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1 TwoWay Charging Hub, 2 sets of propellers, and one Shoulder Bag.
The Fly Moore Kit Plus retails for ($249 USD) and includes 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries Plus (that gets 47 mins of flight time), 1 Two-Way Charging Hub, 2 sets of propellers, and one Shoulder Bag.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro is available from the company’s website and authorized retailers.