Ubisoft has announced when the online mode for Watch Dogs: Legion is officially launching.
The online mode update was initially set to launch in December but was delayed, so the Watch Dogs: Legion team could fix bugs.
In the multiplayer mode for Watch Dogs: Legion, players will be able to:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they’ve upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Completing any online activities will increase your XP and rank to unlock rewards.
If you have the season pass for the game, you’ll get two single-player missions which are:
- DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
Not in Our Name:
- A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.
In addition to multiplayer, Ubisoft says there will be a host of future free updates for the game including Invasion PvP mode, all-new co-op missions and free characters.
Season Pass owners will get access to the Bloodline story expansion, where you’ll play as Aiden Pierce and Wrench. There’s also Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order and Mina, “a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals.”
The Watch Dogs: Legion online mode launches on March 9th for free on all platforms.
You can read more about Watch Dogs: Legion in our full review.