Volvo has officially announced Canadian pricing for its upcoming all-electric XC40 Recharge.
“The XC40 Recharge is an excellent car for anyone who appreciates style and technology,” said Anders Gustafsson, Senior Vice President, Americas, and President and CEO, Volvo Car USA LLC. “The fact it is electric only adds to its appeal because it is cleaner, quieter and more responsive.”
The XC40 Recharge shares basically the same design as it’s gas counterpart but with a charging port where the gas tank is and the new front grille.
The vehicle offers 402 horsepower with zero tailpipe emission and an all-wheel-drive powertrain with 486 lb. ft. of linear torque.
“In addition to bringing us one step closer towards Volvo Cars’ electrification and sustainability commitments to be a climate-neutral company by 2040, the XC40 Recharge is a benchmark in our safety story,” said Matt Girgis, Managing Director, Volvo Car Canada Ltd. “With the addition of this car to our Canadian product line-up, we are proud to also showcase our commitment to planetary safety.”
The range of the XC40 Recharge is up to 335 KM on a full charge. The battery is 78 kWh and can be charged up to 80% full in 40 mins using a 150 kW DC fast-charger.
On the infotainment side of things, the XC40 Recharge is using an Android Automotive-based system like the Polestar 2. Meaning you have access to Google Assistant, Google Maps and the Play Store.
The XC40 Recharge is Volvo’s first vehicle to get software updates over the air to enable future features.
Volvo Canada has teamed up with its US equivalent to collaborating with ChargePoint to offer XC40 Recharge owners access to their electric vehicle charging networks.
ChargePoint says they have around 115,000 places to charge and there’s the option to purchase their ChargePoint Home Flex home charger.
Some standard equipment includes a power sunshade, 19-inch alloy wheels, a 12.3-inch driver display, 9-inch tablet-style touchscreen, dual-zone automatic climate control, four USB-C ports and a rear park assist camera.
Some optional packages and extras include:
- Climate Package – $1,000 CAD
- Heated windshield wiper blades, heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel.
- The Advanced Package $2,100 CAD
- High-pressure headlight cleaning, Pilot Assist driver assistance system with Adaptive Cruise Control, 360-degree Surround View Camera, 12-volt power outlet in the luggage area and inductive (cordless) smartphone charging.
- Metallic Paint – $900 CAD
- Lava Carpet – $150 CAD
- 13-speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound system – $1,250 CAD
- Energy-saving heat pump – $450 CAD
- to precondition the cabin temperature and extend battery range
- 20-inch five double-spoke Black Diamond Cut alloy wheels – $1,000 CAD
The XC40 Recharge starts at $64,950 CAD when it launches in Canada later this year.
Source: Volvo Canada