DJI has announced a new version of its smartphone stabilizer with the OM4.
The company shifting away from the Osmo Mobile branding this time around and simply just calling this year’s model OM4.
“As the DJI OM smartphone stabilizers have evolved over the years, every iteration has made it easier for anyone to add rock-solid stabilization to their photos and videos. With its new magnetic attachment and folding design, the DJI OM 4 again goes farther so anyone, no matter their experience with gimbals, can pick it up and make content that pulls in the viewer,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI. “As people around the globe now rely on their smartphones to navigate the new work-from-home world, stay connected with loved ones and showcase their lives, the DJI OM 4 is our phone’s companion we need to capture fun, smooth and magnetic moments.”
Just like the Osmo Mobile 3, the OM4 has a folding design that makes it easier to travel with. In terms of battery life, you can get around 15 hours and the device charges over USB-C.
The newest feature of the OM4 is the magnet mounting system. There are two options, one is a traditional metal clamp that connects to the back of your phone, the other is basically adding a magnet mount with a ring holder.
The OM4 works with the DJI Mimo app and you then have access to a number of features and modes such as:
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Select a subject for the DJI OM 4 to automatically track and let the gimbal do the work for you. Newly updated, the mode features improved distinction between subjects such as adults, children, and pets. Framing during ActiveTrack can now be adjusted by using the dedicated joystick for enhanced control.
- Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 4, perfect for capturing an epic selfie or group footage without a finicky self-timer.
- Pre-programmed Movements and Modes: Take advantage of unique gimbal movements and high-grade image modes that will make footage look like it was shot by a professional:
- DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, the DJI OM 4 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using TimeLapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or HyperLapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy.
- Slow-motion: Slow down the world around you in stunning detail with the Slow-motion feature.
- Sport Mode: The DJI OM 4 will respond and follow subjects and movements faster to add a level of action to the scene.
- Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3X3 panorama, 240°panorama and a new “CloneMe” panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
- Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the preset templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 4 uses preset movements, music and colour palates for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
The DJI OM4 is available today from DJI.com and its retail partners for $179 CAD ($129 USD).
In the box, you’ll get the OM4, Magnetic Ring Holder, Magnetic Phone Clamp, Grip Tripod, USB cable and wrist strap.
One reply on “DJI’s OM4 stabilizer comes with a new magnet mount”
[…] OM5 builds upon the design of the OM4 with the same magnetic clamp mount and folding design. The overall size of the OM5 is about […]