Western Digital has announced a new portable SSD that provides blazing fast speeds to help improve productivity.
“The new My Passport SSD delivers the speed, reliability and functionality consumers have come to expect from us,” said Susan Park, vice president, Consumer Solutions, Western Digital. “It is a powerful and sophisticated solution for the everyday content creators, curators and hobbyists who need to move files quickly. The rounded corners, waving ridges and soft edges enhance the My Passport SSD’s portability and make it easy to carry, yet also distinctly recognizable as a member within WD’s award-winning My Passport product line-up.”
The new My Passport SSD has a number of features including:
- Blazing fast NVMe technology with read speeds of up to 1050MB/s and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s.
- Password enabled 256-bit AES hardware encryption to help protect valuable content simply.
- Featuring shock and vibration resistance and drop resistant up to 6.5 feet (1.98m).
- Included software to make it easy to back up large files to your drive or a cloud service account.
- USB 3.2 Gen-2 technology with a USB-C cable and a USB-A adaptor.
- Ready to use out of the box and compatible with Mac and PC.
The My Passport SSD comes in a number of colours including, red, gold, blue and grey. The 500GB and 1TB versions of the SSD are available now in grey for $169 CAD ($119 USD) and $259 CAD ($189 USD) respectively.
The 2TB version and additional colours will be launching later this year for $489 CAD ($359 USD).
Source: Western Digital
One reply on “WD’s new My Passport SSD is made for speed and productivity”
[…] has recently released their My Passport SSD, which has fast NVMe technology and read speeds of up to 1050MB/s and write speeds of up to […]