Since announcing a deal with WarnerMedia back in October, Bell Media has announced the first set of HBO Max shows that will be coming to Crave.
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s new streaming platform that will include content from the company’s brands and networks such as New Line Cinema, DC Entertainment, Cartoon Network, The CW, Rooster Teeth, Adult Swim, HBO and more.
Starting May 27th, the HBO Max titles that are premiering on Crave are:
- Love Life: The first full-length scripted series to star Oscar® nominee Anna Kendrick, is about the journey from first love to last love, and how the people we’re with along the way make us into who we are when we finally end up with someone forever. Episodes 1-3 premiere on May 27th with New episodes every Thursday
- Craftopia: Craftopia is an epic kids crafting competition show hosted and executive produced by YouTube influencer Lauren Riihimaki aka (LaurDIY). Creating and demonstrating crafts to over 8.9 million subscribers on her YouTube channel, LaurDIY has been deemed the “millennial Martha Stewart” by Forbes. On CRAFTOPIA, nine to 15-year old contestants put their imaginations to the test and make their crafting dreams come true in a magical studio. After racing to fill up their carts with inspiring materials from the studio “store,” crafters meet larger-than-life challenges, making truly inventive and amazing creations in order to take home the ‘Craftrophia.’ Episodes 1-8 premiering on May 27th
- Legendary: Pulling directly from the underground ballroom community, voguing teams (aka “houses”) must compete in unbelievable balls and showcase sickening fashion in order to achieve “legendary” status. The cast includes MC Dashaun Wesley and DJ MikeQ as well as celebrity judges Law Roach, Jameela Jamil, Leiomy Maldonado, and Megan Thee Stallion. Episodes 1-2 premiere on May 27th with new episodes weekly every Wednesday
In addition to the titles above, some of the HBO Max original series that have been announced and coming to Crave and CTV include:
- The Gossip Girl sequel series, which follows a new generation of New York private school teens, it’s executive produced by the original creative team
- The Flight Attendant, a dark comedy thriller starring and executive produced by Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory)
- Dune: The Sisterhood, a TV series by Canadian director Denis Villeneuve, based on the novels by Frank Herbert
- College Girls (working title), a new comedy series by writer/producer Mindy Kaling about three young women and their romantic lives while attending East Coast University
- Green Lantern, a series based on the DC hero by Greg Berlanti (Riverdale, The Flash, Supergirl)
- Strange Adventures, an anthology series that explores the world of DC Comics
- DMZ, a DC comics drama from Westworld’s Roberto Patino and Ava DuVernay
- Tooned Out, a live-action/animated comedy hybrid from Jared Stern (The LEGO Batman Movie) and Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Back to the Future series)
- DC Super Hero High, a multi-cam comedy by executive producer Elizabeth Banks
All the HBO Max content on Crave is available on with their Crave + Movies + HBO add-on which is an additional $9.99 CAD per month on top of the base $9.99 monthly fee for Crave.
For those in the US, HBO Max launches on May 27th and costs $14.99 USD per month. You can find out more about all the content coming to HBO Max here.
Source: Bell Media