Ubisoft has officially announced the next entry in their most popular franchise with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
As previous rumours suggested, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes place during the Viking Age (793 to 1066 CE). The game was teased inside The Division 2, which launched back in March 2019, with the game featuring a poster with the word Valhalla and a person holding the Apple of Eden.
According to Ubisoft, Driven from Norway by endless wars and dwindling resources in ninth century AD, players will lead Eivor’s clan of Norsemen across the icy North Sea to the rich lands of England’s broken kingdoms. Players must carve out a new future for their clan, reliving the ruthless fighting style of Viking warriors with a revamped combat system that includes the ability to dual-wield weapons against a greater variety of enemies than ever before. To secure resources, players can lead raids to select locations using their longship to earn much-needed riches and supplies. As the Vikings begin to settle in their new home, they encounter resistance from the Saxons, including King Aelfred of Wessex, who denounces them as heathens and looks to be the sole ruler of a civilized England. Against all odds, Eivor must do what is necessary to keep Valhalla within reach.
Just like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Ubisoft says “players will be able to choose to play as either a male or female Eivor, and will have access to customization tools including the ability to customize hair, tattoos, clothing, war paint, and gear. Political alliances, combat decisions, and dialogue choices can influence the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so players must choose wisely to protect their clan’s home and future.”
“We can’t wait for players to experience the incredible Viking journey ahead of them,” said Ashraf Ismail, Creative Director of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. “Being in Eivor’s boots as both a Viking raider and a clan leader, players will face the conflicts of establishing a new home in the midst of a power struggle for control of England.”
Valhalla has a couple of key features including:
- Advanced RPG mechanics allow you to shape the growth of your character and influence the world around you. With every choice you make, from political alliances and combat strategy to dialogue and gear progression, you will carve your own path to glory.
- A Visceral Combat System lets you Dual-wield powerful weapons such as axes, swords, and even shields to relive the ruthless fighting style of the Viking warriors. Brutally decapitate your foes, vanquish them from afar, or stealthily assassinate targets with your hidden blade. Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of deadly enemies ever found in an Assassin’s Creed game
- Dark Age Open World: Sail from the harsh and mysterious shores of Norway to the beautiful but forbidding kingdoms of England and beyond. Immerse yourself in the Viking way of life through fishing, hunting, drinking games, and more.
- Raids: Launch massive assaults against Saxon troops and fortresses throughout England. Lead your clan in surprise attacks from your longship and pillage enemy territories to bring riches and resources back to your people.
- Customization: Create and customize a unique Viking raider within your clan and share it online with friends to use during their own raids.
- Settlements: Construct and upgrade buildings that allow for deep customization, including a barracks, blacksmith, tattoo parlor, and more. Recruit new members to your clan and personalize your Viking experience.
You can pre-order the game now. The standard edition of the game costs $79.99 CAD. There’s also a Gold Edition for $129.99 CAD which gets you the game and the season pass.
The Ultimate Edition for $159.99 CAD has everything in the Gold Edition plus the Ultimate Pack, which gets you an exclusive set of items.
The Collector’s Edition for $259.99 CAD gets you the following:
- The high-end Ubicollectibles® replica of Eivor and her Drakkar (height: 30cm).
- Ultimate Edition of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Collector’s Case with unique artwork.
- The Ubisoft Store Exclusive Steelbook® with an iconic design inspired by in-game emblems.
- Viking Statuette of Eivor with his raven and Dane axe (height: 5cm).
- Premium Certificate of Authenticity serialized with the unique number of your Collector’s Edition.
- Three Lithographs showcasing some of the most stunning concept art created for the game.
- The soundtrack of the Game.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing November 10th, 2020 and will be coming to Xbox One, PS4, PC (via Epic Games Store and Uplay+), Google Stadia, Xbox Series X/S and PS5.
The game will also support Microsoft’s Smart Delivery technology, meaning you can buy Assassin’s Creed Valhalla once and play it on Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
Update – September 9th, 2020: Ubisoft initially announced that Valhalla would be launching on November 17th but the game is launching a week earlier alongside the Xbox Series X and Series S.
One reply on “Ubisoft announces Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, coming Holiday 2020”
[…] been a few months since Ubisoft announced the latest entry in the Assassin’s Creed franchise and now we have a release […]