Samsung’s latest foldable device, the Galaxy Z Flip has now officially launched in Canada.
When unfolded, the Galaxy Z Flip has a 6.7-inch Infinity Flex display with ultra-thin glass, compared to the plastic screen on the Galaxy Fold.
Flex Mode on the Galaxy Z Flip allows users to split the screen in half and use two apps at once such as the camera app, Google Duo and soon YouTube.
The Galaxy Z Flip also offers multiple angles which it can fold at rather than just open and closed.
On the front of the Galaxy Z Flip is a small 1-inch display that allows you to see notifications.
The phone has a 3,300 mAh battery that should easily last all-day long with support for fast 15W charging and wireless charging.
For cameras, there is a 12MP Ultra Wide lens and 12MP Wide-angle lens along with a 10MP selfie camera.
Powering the Galaxy Z Flip is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
There’s also a USB-C port and side-mounted fingerprint reader.
The Galaxy Z Flip comes in two colours, Mirror Black and Mirror Purple.
Canadian carrier availability for the Galaxy Z Flip is as follows:
- $2350 CAD (No Term)
- $60.83 CAD per month for 24 months
- $75.83 CAD per month for 24 months (with Upfront Edge financing)
- $1,819 CAD (No term)
- $1,220 CAD on a 2-year Premium Plan (starting at $115 a month)
- $1,020 CAD on a 2-year Premium Plus Plan (starting at $125 a month)
- $1,420 CAD down and $16.67 CAD per month for 24 months
- $1,020 CAD down and $33.33 CAD per month for 24 months
- $0 down and $75.83 per month for 24 months
- Freedom Mobile
- $1,819 CAD (No Term)
- $0 down and $61 CAD per month on a 24 Month Tab and plans starting at $75 CAD per month
- $1,819 CAD (No term)
- $699.95 to $1,195.95 CAD down (depending on plan) with a 24 month plan starting at $85 CAD per month
Update – February 24th, 2020: Samsung Canada has announced the Galaxy Z Flip has “exceeded expectations” and sold out within the first day.
“This phone changes everything. We’re thrilled by the response from Canadians for the Galaxy Z Flip. Compact, beautiful and powerful, the Galaxy Z Flip gives consumers a new perspective on everything a phone can do,” says Jennifer Safruk, VP, Mobile Business, Samsung Electronics Canada.
The Galaxy Z Flip has launched in Canada, the US, France, Spain, Switzerland, Russia, Singapore, South Korea and United Arab Emirates.
As of right now, Samsung’s website says the Galaxy Z Flip is out of stock (both colour options) and will start shipping in 1-2 weeks.
The company also said orders will continue to be processed and the next batch of product allotment is set for February 28th (this Friday).
Source: Samsung Canada