The conclusion to the nine-part Skywalker Saga will soon rise again when The Rise of Skywalker arrives on Blu-ray and Digital.
Disney and Lucasfilm have announced that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will be releasing on Digital HD and 4K on March 17th.
It will then be followed by a Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray release on March 31st.
Here’s what the film is about:
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the ninth and final episode in the Skywalker saga, welcomed the return of original characters Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Emperor Palpatine, and Lando Calrissian, along with the latest generation of heroes and villains, including Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Maz, Rose, General Hux and Kylo Ren. Newcomers include Jannah, a new ally of the Resistance; Allegiant General Pryde of the First Order; and smuggler Zorii Bliss.
Some of the bonus features included on the Blu-ray are:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
A digital exclusive feature called The Maestro’s Finale, it features “Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.”
Alongside the Blu-ray release of The Rise of Skywalker, a special collector’s set dubbed Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will launch. It includes a exclusive letter from Mark Hamil 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray and Digital Codes for Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Source: Star Wars