Disney has announced launch dates and pricing for their upcoming streaming service, Disney+ in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Netherlands.
On November 12th, Disney+ will launch in the US (and cost $6.99 USD or $69.99 USD per year) and now also in Canada and the Netherlands. It’ll cost $8.99 CAD per month or $89.99 CAD per year and €6.99 per month or €69.99 per year.
Then a week later on November 19th, Disney+ will launch in Australia and New Zealand and cost $8.99 AUD per month or $89.99 AUD per year and $9.99 NZD per month or $99.99 NZD per year.
The service will be launching worldwide over the next few years starting in 2020.
Disney+ will come with a number of exclusive content from Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. There will be 25 original series and 10 original films, documentaries and specials released on Disney+ within the first year.
There will also be a host of titles from Disney’s library of content including more than 7,500 episodes of TV and 500 movies.
You can find out more about all the titles coming to Disney+ on launch or in the works here.
In addition, all Disney films releasing in 2019 and going forward will be available to stream exclusively on Disney+ including:
- Captain Marvel
- Avengers: Endgame
- Toy Story 4
- The Lion King
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Frozen 2
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Disney+ will be available to stream in 4K HDR and include support for offline viewing via the smartphone/tablet app.
Disney also announced that the Disney+ app will be available across multiple devices including:
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices)
- Microsoft (Xbox One)
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation4 and all Android-based Sony TVs)
- Roku (Roku streaming players and Roku TV models)
You can sign up to be notified when Disney+ launches here.