Part of the journey is the end. After 22 films over the past 11 years, the Infinity Saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes to a close.
And with that, Avengers: Endgame is now the highest-grossing film of all time with $2.796 billion at the global box office, beating out Avatar which has held the top spot since 2009.
Here’s what Avengers: Endgame is about:
The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the
Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand
conclusion to twenty-two films, Avengers: Endgame.
I reviewed Avengers: Endgame on 4K Blu-ray and even though the film was upscaled to 4K, it made the film look even better. The 4K Blu-ray supports Dolby Atmos sound, Dolby Vision and HDR10.
Avengers: Endgame looks great that is packed with action, heart and funny moments. Each of the characters and settings come with a lot of details, which are more noticeable in the 4K version of the film.
Even though a lot of this film was made in front of green screens, you can really see all the time and effort that went into creating these computer-generated backdrops.
The soundtrack for Avengers: Endgame, is great and bombastic that help adds to the experience and immerse you in the film.
The 4K Blu-ray disc of Avengers: Endgame only includes the film. All the bonus features are on a separate disc in 1080p and as is the 1080p version of the film is another disc for a total of 3 discs in the 4K Blu-ray combo back along with a Digital Code.
There are a number of bonus features including:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honour the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be a part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from the set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
The Digital Version of the film has an exclusive bonus feature which is:
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Avengers: Endgame was directed by Anthony and Joe Russo from an original screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Kevin Feige produced the film, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau, James Gunn and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.
The film stars Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther), Tom Holland (Spider-Man), Chris Pratt (Star-Lord), Zoe Saldana (Gamora) , Bradley Cooper (Rocket Raccoon) , Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) all reprising their roles from previous Marvel films. Meanwhile, Josh Brolin plays Thanos.
Overall, Avengers: Endgame is a great film and end to a 22-film story arc that began with Iron Man in 2008.
Avengers: Endgame is now available on Blu-ray, 4K Blu-ray, DVD and Digital.
- Insightful director’s commentary
- 4K version of the film adds details and sharpness
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision and HDR10 support
- 4K Blu-ray disc only includes the film