DJI has announced an update to their smartphone stabilizer with the Osmo Mobile 3.
“When we began designing Osmo Mobile 3, we went back to the drawing board with the goal of creating a portable yet intuitive product that uses the latest DJI technology,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Manager. “We are excited to introduce DJI’s first gimbal with a folding design and hope it inspires our customers to imagine new ways of recording content with their mobile phones.”
New for this year is a foldable design that makes it easier to travel with. There’s also Bluetooth 5.0 for better connectivity and the DJI Mimo app has been updated to include new programmed modes:
- Story Mode: Bring creative editing to your video with a host of preset music, video transitions, and filters. Choose one of 13 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After shooting, Mimo automatically generates your very own professionally edited short video, ready to be shared.
- Gesture Control: Easily snap a selfie without pressing any buttons. Once Gesture Control is enabled, show a “peace sign” or put up your palm and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin a photo timer countdown.
- Sport Mode: Similar to the useful feature from the DJI Ronin series, Sport mode increases the response speed of the device to keep up when shooting fast-moving scenes.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: DJI’s image recognition and deep learning algorithms allow Osmo Mobile 3 to recognize and follow subjects of your choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with a tap.
- TimeLapse & MotionLapse: If you’re looking to turn minutes into seconds, Timelapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you, while Motionlapse adds the dynamic element of movement to your Timelapse by setting points for the camera to move to.
- HyperLapse: Take the appealing visuals from Timelapse and add movement by manually moving Osmo Mobile 3 with you. Additionally, HyperLapse not only supports real-time Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) but also ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Panorama: Get a wider perspective with panorama mode. Users can choose between 3×3 and 180° panorama modes.
- Slow Motion: Slow down the world around you with 4X or 8X Slow Motion.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is lighter coming in at 405g and offers up to 15 hours of battery life and can be used in both portrait and landscape modes.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is available now from DJI’s website for $99 CAD ($119 USD) for the stabilizer, a wrist strap, storage pouch and anti-slip pads.
While for $119 CAD ($139 USD) for the combo that gets you the items that are included with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, as well as an Osmo Grip Tripod and Osmo Carry Case.