UK-based Nextbase has announced that they’ll be bringing their “cutting-edge” dash cams to Canada.
“Today, Nextbase achieves yet another milestone as we expand our reach in North America. We’re excited to introduce our advanced product line to Canada and give Canadian consumers access to this industry-leading technology for the first time – while gaining a stronger foothold in the industry as a leader in Dash Cam technology,” said Richard Browning, Director of Nextbase. “We hope to offer a sense of security and peace of mind to Canadian drivers through our Nextbase products and world-first technology when they are most vulnerable to collisions, theft, and other unanticipated incidents.”
Nextbase’s Series 2 dash cams come with a number of features including:
- Emergency SOS – which will contact emergency services and use your vehicle’s exact location in the event of a serious collision
- AutoSync – which uses Bluetooth Low-Energy to automatically capture an incident and send video files to your smartphone
- Intelligence Parking Mode – will activate video recording in the event of a stationary collision when your vehicle is unattended
- Nextbase’s 422GW and 522GW both come with Alexa built-in, so you can control your dash cam with voice controls
Here are the differences between Nextbase’s Series 2 dash cams.
The Nextbase 322GW, 422GW and 522GW are compatible with the company’s modules which include a Rear Windshield Camera which will focus on the road behind you and guard against tailgaters and rear impacts.
The Rear View Camera module records the rear view while driving. The Cabin View Camera module record you and your passengers.
Pricing is as follows:
- 122 – $99.99
- 222 – $129.99
- 322GW – $199.99
- 422GW – $249.99
- 522GW – $299.99
- Rear Windshield Camera – $99.99
- Rear View Camera – $99.99
- Cabin View Camera – $99.99
Nextbase’s Series 2 dash cams will be available for purchase exclusively from Best Buy Canada both in-store and online on June 14th.