Amazon has announced the launch of the Prime Video Channels feature to customers in Canada.
It allows users to add on TV stations and streaming channels to their existing Prime membership (which already included Prime Video) for an additional low monthly cost.
“We are excited to soon bring even more selection to our Prime members in Canada with the upcoming launch of Prime Video Channels,” said Greg Hart, Vice President of Amazon Prime Video. “By simplifying our customers’ entertainment experience all within the Prime Video app, we can make it even easier to select, subscribe and enjoy TV shows and movies from our channel providers, like STARZ, hayu and Nickelodeon. Prime Video Channels also allows us to team up with Canadian content producers and broadcasters like Corus Entertainment to build unique products like STACKTV for our Canadian Prime members.”
Prime Video Channels were previously only available in the US but now it’s come up north. With the feature, you get access to thousands of new titles, live TV and on-demand content, latest episodes of popular shows and it easily integrates with your Prime Video watchlist.
Each of the Prime Video Channels is easy to cancel at any time and offer a free trial period.
Here are some of the Prime Video Channels currently available in Canada along with their monthly price:
- Acorn TV – Exclusive originals, addictive dramas, arresting mysteries and more from Britain and beyond, including fan favorites such as Doc Martin, A Place to Call Home, and Line of Duty for $7.49.
- hayu – From NBCUniversal International, has loads of shows the same day as TV and thousands of episodes of binge-worthy reality series right from the beginning; hayu is Canada’s home of reality programming for $5.99.
- Hollywood Suite – Unlimited access to the movies that shaped the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s , plus essential Hollywood classics from the Golden Age, all for $4.99.
- Love Nature – Discover nature through original series, shorts and documentaries for the whole family, presented in 4K and HD for $3.99.
- MGM – Offering hit television series, as well as popular and classic films from MGM Studios for $3.99. Titles include Get Shorty, Teen Wolf, the ROCKY collection, Legally Blonde 1&2, Overboard (1987), The Thomas Crown Affair (1999 and 1968), Silence of the Lambs, Hoosiers and Barbershop 1&2.
- Nickelodeon – Popular kids TV programming targeted to pre-schoolers and young adults, including favourites Spongebob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, iCarly and more for $5.99.
- OUTtv – Canada’s national LGBTQ+ television network that offers hits like RuPaul’s Drag Race along with a compelling mix of drama, comedy, talk, documentaries and award-winning movies for $3.99.
- Shudder – The largest selection of high-quality, handpicked classics and original horror, thrillers, and supernatural for $5.99.
- Smithsonian Channel – Award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science and pop culture for $3.99.
- STACKTV – Offering the latest episodes of hit shows from 12 of Corus’ great networks. This all-in, entertainment multi-pack from Corus includes popular shows like NCIS, Big Brother and Survivor for $12.99. Customers can enjoy both live and on-demand programming, including content from Adult Swim, Food Network, Global, HGTV, History, National Geographic, Slice, Showcase, Teletoon, Treehouse, W Network and YTV.
- STARZ – STARZ is the home in Canada for all new STARZ Original series, full seasons of hit television series, and a vast library of all-time favourite Hollywood movies. Available for $5.99.
- Sundance Now – Offers a gripping and rich selection of true crime, fiercely intelligent thrillers, and heart-stopping dramatic series from around the world for $6.99.
- Super Channel – Four diverse linear channels plus on demand, with access to hits including Harlots, Mr. Mercedes, Pure and When Calls the Heart as well as access to library films and e-sports, all for $9.99.
Prime Video Channels work within the existing Prime Video app on smart TVs, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and more.
Amazon will be adding more options to Prime Video Channels in the coming months.