While Avengers: Endgame continues to dominate the box office, Marvel’s first female-led film Captain Marvel is ready to make its debut on Blu-ray and digital.
Captain Marvel has hit $1 billion at the global box office and will be available on Digital HD and 4K on May 28th with the Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray to follow on June 11th.
Here’s what Captain Marvel is about:
Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom.
The Blu-ray and Digital version of the film will including these bonus features:
- Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
- Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
- Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
The Digital version of the film has some exclusives:
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
The 4K Blu-ray of Captain Marvel has support for Dolby Atmos sound.
The film stars Brie Larson (as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel), Samuel L. Jackson (as Nick Fury), Ben Mendelsohn (as the shape-shifting Skrull, Talos), Djimon Hounsou (as Korath), Lee Pace (as Roman the Accuser), Lashana Lynch (as one of Danvers’ oldest friends, Maria Rambeau), Gemma Chan (as Minn-Erva, a Kree sniper & member of Starforce), Rune Temte (as Bron-Char), Algenis Perez Soto (as Att-Lass), Mckenna Grace (as a young Carol Danvers), with Annette Bening, with Clark Gregg (as Phil Coulson), and Jude Law (as Danvers’ mentor and commander in Starforce, Walter Lawson/Mar-Vell).