Samsung has officially launched their SmartThings smart home platform in Canada.
Previously, SmartThings products were only available in the US. SmartThings works with a number of Samsung products including the GalaxyNote9, Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy S9 & S9+, Galaxy Watch as well as the company’s Family Hub fridge and FlexSystem laundry collection.
“At Samsung, we’re committed to bringing Canadians innovative products that provide meaningful convenience and uninterrupted connectivity,” said Jennifer Safruk, VP of Sales and Product Management, Mobile at Samsung Canada. “With our comprehensive portfolio of connected devices, we are uniquely positioned to offer Canadians a way to manage their connected ecosystem of devices, whether controlling the lights, TV, temperature and even home appliances.”
Your compatible SmartThings products can be controlled via the SmartThings app which can detect and pair devices wirelessly.
The app also allows you to create “automations” which can be customized to your needs.
Some of the SmartThings products that Samsung is bringing to Canada include:
- Samsung SmartThings Hub – connect wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and make them work together
- Samsung SmartThings Wifi – a 2-in-1 Mesh Wi-Fi router that includes the functionality of the SmartThings Hub, allowing for connectivity between a home’s devices
- Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor – Multipurpose Sensor detects whether doors and windows are open or closed as well as monitors temperature and vibration, allowing home to react using ‘automations’ set up in the SmartThings App
- Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor – keep tabs on the home through the SmartThings Motion Sensor, which alerts when movement is detected
- Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor – if there’s a leak, this sensor will be able to let you know and react accordingly by turning off connected devices (such as a dishwasher or washing machine) based on moisture detection
- Samsung SmartThings Outlet – control traditional lamps, electronics and small appliances
- Samsung SmartThings Button – control connected devices at the touch of a button with three programmable triggers
You can learn more about SmartThings on Samsung’s website.
Source: Samsung Canada