Microsoft has added the ability to control your Xbox One console using Amazon Alexa.
The new Xbox Skill for Alexa will allow you to power your Xbox One, adjust volume, launch games, start and stop Mixer broadcasts, capture screenshots and more.
Xbox Skill works on Alexa-enabled devices such as Windows 10 PCs (via Cortana), Amazon Echo, Sonos One and Cortana and Alexa apps for Android and iOS.
The ability to control your Xbox One using Alexa is rolling out to select Xbox Insiders in the US.
To enable the Xbox Skill, you have to do the following:
- Sign into the Xbox you want to control.
- Click here, sign in with your Amazon Account, and click Enable.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account to link the skill.
- Let Alexa discover your console, then follow the instructions to pair your console with Alexa.
- Try your first command! “Alexa, start Rocket League.”
If you’re an Xbox Insider, you should see an option for Digitial Assistant in the settings under devices.
For a full list of commands for the Xbox Skill, check out the post on the Xbox Insider Subreddit.