Android Wear watches haven’t taken off the same way that the Apple Watch has meaning only about a million or so Android Wear watches have been sold, compared to the millions of Apple Watches sold.
But a company by the name of Mobvoi is trying to change that with their Android Wear powered, Ticwatch S & E, which they’re calling “truly optimized smartwatches.”
The Ticwatch name may sound familiar, that’s because last year, Mobvoi had a Kickstarter campaign for the Ticwatch 2, which was powered by the company’s own Ticwear OS. But this year, the company is back on Kickstarter and putting their own spin on a pair of Android Wear watches.
Both the Ticwatch S (Sport) & E (Express) are going to be running Android Wear 2.0, which brings improvements and features like the Google Assistant and the ability to run apps independently on the watch itself.
The Ticwatch E has a lightweight design with interchangeable watch bands and is only about 13.55mm thick and weighs about 41.5g. The Ticwatch S has been designed with sport in mind, with things like built-in GPS and a breathable watch band design at 13mm thick and weighs 45.5g.
Both watches are IP67 water and dust resistant, heart-rate monitor, have 1.4-inch OLED displays with a resolution of 400×400. There are being powered by the MTK Mt2601 dual-core processor with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage along with Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. Both watches can get up to 48 hours of battery life and use a magnetic pin connector for charging.
The Ticwatch E & S are compatible with Android devices running 4.3 & later and iOS devices running 8.0 & later.
Mobvoi is also including their Bluetooth earbuds, the Ticpods for $25 USD (final price will be $79 USD) and you get up to 6 hours of music or phone calls for 120 hours of stand-by time.
The Ticwatch S & E come in three colours, black, white and yellow and the Kickstarter pricing is as follows:
- Ticwatch E for $119 USD (Early bird)
- Ticwatch S for $139 USD (Early bird)
- Ticwatch E & Ticpods for $144 USD (Early bird)
- Ticwatch E for $145 USD (Kickstarter price)
- Ticwatch S & Ticpods for $164 USD (Early bird)
- Ticwatch for $165 USD (Kickstarter price)
- 2x Ticwatch E & Ticpods for $238 USD (Early bird)
- 1 Ticwatch E & 1 Ticwatch S for $258 USD (Early bird)
- 2x Ticwatch S & Ticpods for $278 USD (Early bird)
- 3x Ticwatch E & 3x Ticwatch S & 3x Ticpods for $774 USD (Early bird)
- 25x Ticwatch E & 25x Ticwatch S for $6,200 USD (Distributor package)
All the rewards are set to ship in October/November 2017. The Ticwatch E will retail for $159 USD and the Ticwatch S will retail for $199 USD.