After being announced at MWC 2017, Huawei’s P10 and P10 Plus smartphones will available to Canadians on June 6th.
Huawei says this is the first time that one of their flagship lines has come to Canada. The dual-camera system on the P10 and P10 Plus was made in collaboration with Leica.
The specs for both phones are as follows:
- Kirin 960 Octa-core processor
- 5.1-inch 1080p display on the P10 and 5.5-inch WQHD display on the P10 Plus
- 3,200 mAh and 3,750 mAh batteries in the P10 and P10 Plus respectively and both support Huawei’s SuperCharge
- The P10 will come with 32GB of internal storage, while the P10 Plus will get 64GB, both phones will have 4GB of RAM and a microsSD card slot
- Both the P10 and P10 Plus have a dual-camera lens system, with one being a 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and the other a 12-megapixel RGB sensor with enhanced fusion algorithms
- USB Type-C port, NFC, GPS
- Both phones are available in a Hyper Diamond-Cut and Sandblast finishes
- Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei EMUI 5.1
The P10 Plus will be exclusive to Rogers and they will also carry the regular P10. The standard P10 will be available at Bell, Videotron and Fido.
“We are excited to be working with Rogers, Bell and Videotron in bringing these fantastic new smartphones to Canada. This is a huge step forward in positioning HUAWEI in the Canadian device market,” said Felix Li, President, HUAWEI Devices Canada. “Our new P10 line weaves together the exceptional imaging capabilities of Leica with our stand-out design and hardware innovations to bring users a powerful mobile experience.”
At launch, the P10 will be available in gold and black at Rogers. They will also carry the P10 and P10 Plus in an exclusive Dazzling Blue colour, later this summer. Black is the only colour option for the P10 at Bell, Videotron and Fido.
Pricing for the P10 and P10 Plus wasn’t announced.